- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D., Cum Laude
- Honors: Finalist, Moot Court Intra-School Competition
- Honors: Recipient of Delta Theta Phi’s Most Outstanding Student of the Nation Award
- Honors: President, Delta Theta Phi’s Percy J. Power Senate
- Honors: Executive Board and Founding Member, Health Law Society
- Honors: Executive Board, Sports and Entertainment Law Society
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Honors: Pi Kappa Alpha, Executive Board and Community Service Chair
- Honors: Student Government Association, Student Representative of the College of Health and Urban Affairs
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
Jose L. Torres is an attorney with the law firm of Alvarez & Barbara, LLP. He focuses his practice in the areas of Commercial and Civil Litigation, Real Estate, and Casualty Insurance Claims. Mr. Torres is a member of the Florida Bar in good standing and admitted to practice in all local courts within the State of Florida, as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern District of Florida. Mr. Torres was listed as a top “up and comer” in the 2015 Florida Trend’s annual Legal Elite edition honoring top attorneys in the State of Florida.
Mr. Torres earned his Associate of Arts from Miami Dade College and his Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice from Florida International University. While at Florida International University, he was a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity and the Student Government Association.
He earned his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. During his academic tenure at Cooley, he excelled in the classroom and was actively engaged and sought out leadership roles in several organizations on campus. Mr. Torres held executive board positions with the Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity, Sports and Entertainment Law Society, and the Health Law Society. Additionally, his Intra-school Moot Court Team was one of the select few to be chosen as a finalist during Cooley’s Intra-School Moot Court Competition. During his final year at Cooley, Mr. Torres received the Most Outstanding Student of the Nation Award from Delta Theta Phi.
Mr. Torres is a member of the Young Philanthropist of Baptist Health, Cuban American Bar Association, and Dade County Bar Association.